you live in a forest full of trees, and as a result have an abundance of logs? Well, what I do is make stuff out of them. You may have seen my railings I made for the cabin (if not check out the cabin building link to the right), and now I have used my giant pencil sharpening tools to make a "new" dining table and benches. Old weathered rustic logs were the donors for most of this, and a few may even recall the tree house that I never finished that donated the cut in half logs for this project. I found out during that project 10 or so years ago that ripping logs with a chainsaw is slow work, but they actually make a ripping chain for them, which I don't have. Only tops of the table and benches have been planed smooth and had a finish applied, all other cuts are rough. Anyway below is a picture of the table and benches installed in the cabin. Enjoy.

No comments:
Post a Comment