Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Truck Upgrades

So last summer the truck, with me inside it, got hit from behind at a stop light.  Long story short everyone was fine but the truck bed was damaged beyond reasonable repair.  So off it came and on went a new Ute aluminum flatbed.


The sides fold down and are removeable giving me a full flat tray.  I also have a ladder rack piece that quick attaches near the back to put long stuff above and over the cab.

I just recently added on a pair of undermount tool boxes to store some stuff and some higher rails to the sides and back, no real good pics, but here is a pic showing them.  Note the ladder rack piece in it's storage position near the front.


Since adding that on it has been kind of difficult to see behind me with the stock side mirrors, the new bed sticks out just enough to be in the way.  So last night UPS delivered my new tow mirrors that I found.  These were originally made to be aftermarket replacements for the stock tow mirrors on a Nissan Titan, I have the smaller Frontier, and someone modded them to fit the Frontier and then the manufacturer came out with a set with a mount designed for the Frontiers.  Fairly basic bolt on that took maybe 1-1/2 hours to do both sides.

Before:


After:



Much better visibility all around, I just need to be more careful backing out of the garage.

You can also see the Thule Aero Bar I put on top the cab that is the same height as the ladder rack to give more support for really long items, I often carry 12'-16' boards up there.


No comments: