So we were lounging in bed drinking coffee one morning at the cabin, well we do that every morning at the cabin, and looked out the window at the birdhouse Joey and put up last summer (not the ones he and I built, one I had lying about), and this is what I saw, and please forgive the pictures as I only had my cell phone and the bird house was some ways away.
So I said WTF? and got a closer look through the binoculars:
A crazy swarm of yellow jackets had taken over the bird house! And let me tell you it's tough to kill those buggers when you only have the little hole to shoot the bee killer through. Here is a little video to see them crawling all over, again shot through the binoculars with my cell phone:
I finally ended up busting open the birdhouse with a long pole, and here is what the nest pieces that fell out looked like:
What a fun day that was, I don't think I've ever seen them do that before, good thing I haven't had any birds use the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment